Green Revolution/samudra shakti’/storage of crude oil /Global Cooling Prize/
- The first time in 2014-15, the government launched a comprehensive scheme to promote organic farming in the country. Under this, the paramparagat krishi vikasyojana (pkvy) is being implemented and mission organic value chain development for north eastern region (movcdner) is also being implemented as a central scheme for the northeast region considering the possibility of organic farming in this part of the country.
- In the last three years, high-yielding variety crops that are tolerant to climate change, bio-fortified crops and new animal breeds have been developed. In order to bring self-reliance in the area of pulse production, 150 seed hubs have been set up in the country, resulting in record production of 22 million tonnes of pulses. In order to increase the income of small and marginal farmers of the country, 45 integrated farming system models have been developed, in which special emphasis has been given to livestock farming, poultry rearing and horticulture.
- Rashtriya gokul mission has been initiated for conservation and promotion of indigenous breeds. Under this a sum of rs 546.15 crore has been released to the states till march 31, 2018& called the government’s decision of implementing the hike in msp by atleast 1.5 times of all kharif 2018-19 crops as historic thereby fulfilling the promise made in the budget of 2018-19.
Indian navy – indonesian navy bilateral exercise ‘samudra shakti’
- The aim of the exercise is to strengthen bilateral relations, expand maritime co-operation, enhance interoperability and exchange best practices.
Isprl signs memorandum of understanding with adnoc to explore storage of crude oil at padur underground facility in karnataka.
- Indian strategic petroleum reserves ltd (isprl)signed today a memorandum of understanding (mou) in abu dhabi with the abu dhabi national oil company (adnoc) to explore the possibility of storing adnoc crude oil at isprl’s underground oil storage facility at padur in karnataka, which has a 2.5 million tonne capacity. Under the mou, adnoc is expected to store crude in compartments at padur.
- Isprl has already built 5.33 million tonnes of underground storage capacity at three locations - visakhapatnam (1.33 million tonnes), mangalore (1.5 million tonnes) and padur (2.5 million tonnes), that can meet around 9.5 days of the country’s oil needs as per consumption data of last financial year. The government of india, in june 2018,announced the creation of two new reserves, a 4 million tonnes storage facility at chandikhol in the eastern state of odisha and an additional 2.5 million-tonne facility at padur.
- The existing and newly announced strategic reserve facilities put together will provide around 21 days of emergency coverage for india’s crude oil requirements.
The Global Cooling Prize, an international competition to incentivize the development of a residential cooling technology that will have at least five times (5x) less climate impact than the standard Room Air Conditioning (RAC) was announced at the inaugural session of the two day Global Cooling Innovation Summit in New Delhi .