Henley Index: Japan tops 2019 list of world's most powerful passports
- The Henley Passport Index, which periodically measures the access each country's travel document affords.
- It's the second time in a row that the Asian nation has come out on top in the index, which is revised quarterly.
- Japan retains its top spot as the world's most travel-friendly passport thanks to the document's access to 190 countries.
- South Korea edged up the ranking from October's index to join Singapore, offering access to 189 jurisdictions, thanks to a new visa-on-arrival agreement with India.
- India jumped two positions from 81st in 2018 to 79th this year.