GSAT-31 launched from French Guiana
- India’s latest communication satellite, GSAT-31 was successfully launched from the Spaceport in French Guiana.
- GSAT-31 will augment the Ku-band transponder capacity in Geostationary Orbit.
- The satellite will provide continuity to operational services on some of the in-orbit satellites.
- GSAT-31 derives its heritage from ISRO’s earlier INSAT/GSAT satellite series.
- GSAT-31,will provide DTH Television Services, connectivity to VSATs for ATM, Stock-exchange, Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) and e-governance applications.