Country's longest single lane steel cable bridge opened in Arunachal
- India’s longest 300-metre single lane steel cable suspension bridge was inaugurated by Arunachal Pradesh.
- The bridge across the Siang river at Yingkiong in Upper Siang district has been named Byorung Bridge.
- “Byorung Bridge, built at a cost of ₹48.43-crore provided by the DONER (Department for Development of North Eastern Region) Ministry, will reduce the distance from Yinkiong to Tuting by almost 40 km,”
- The road to Tuting, near the China border in Upper Siang district, was 192 km before the bridge was built. The bridge is expected to benefit 20,000 people on either banks of the river, besides bolstering the defence preparedness.
- Good connectivity was the way forward for the State’s prosperity. The Centre had sanctioned 268 road projects worth ₹3,800-crore under the Prime Minister’s Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).